Current issues in receivership masterclass
1st Nov 2017
This event is held in conjunction with the Council of Mortgage Lenders.
This masterclass will involve a review of the law relating to receivers, including the appointment of receivers and their powers, and a discussion of some current issues.
This event is aimed at: Solicitors, receivers, conveyancers and anyone working in a lender in-house legal team or legal services.
Feedback from 2016 legal masterclass attendees:
- “Very good content and well presented keeping it interesting with plenty of interaction with the group”
- “Good event – clear message”
- “Clear instruction and presentation which provided the information in an easy to understand way and reconfirmed the appointment and relationship between lender and borrower”
- “Useful reiteration of the law and interesting example of the issues that arise in practice”
- The appointment of a receiver, including traps to avoid
- Discussion of receivers’ powers
- How possession proceedings may be brought when a receiver has been appointed
- Risks for the receiver, including whether a borrower can (as a matter of principle) seek an injunction to prevent an alleged sale at an undervalue
- UK Finance member rate: £55 (VAT exempt)
- UK Finance associate rate: £99 (VAT exempt)
- Non-member rate: £129 (VAT exempt)
For futher information or to sign-up please visit the CML website.
Team: Chris Maynard
Expertise: Forfeiture & Possession
This content is provided free of charge for information purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice and should not be relied on as such. No responsibility for the accuracy and/ or correctness of the information and commentary set out in the article, or for any consequences of relying on it, is assumed or accepted by any member of Chambers or by Chambers as a whole.