Current issues in receivership masterclass
1st Nov 2017
This event is held in conjunction with the Council of Mortgage Lenders.
This masterclass will involve a review of the law relating to receivers, including the appointment of receivers and their powers, and a discussion of some current issues.
This event is aimed at: Solicitors, receivers, conveyancers and anyone working in a lender in-house legal team or legal services.
Feedback from 2016 legal masterclass attendees:
- “Very good content and well presented keeping it interesting with plenty of interaction with the group”
- “Good event – clear message”
- “Clear instruction and presentation which provided the information in an easy to understand way and reconfirmed the appointment and relationship between lender and borrower”
- “Useful reiteration of the law and interesting example of the issues that arise in practice”
- The appointment of a receiver, including traps to avoid
- Discussion of receivers’ powers
- How possession proceedings may be brought when a receiver has been appointed
- Risks for the receiver, including whether a borrower can (as a matter of principle) seek an injunction to prevent an alleged sale at an undervalue
- UK Finance member rate: £55 (VAT exempt)
- UK Finance associate rate: £99 (VAT exempt)
- Non-member rate: £129 (VAT exempt)
For futher information or to sign-up please visit the CML website.