Service Charge Summit 2017
21st Sep 2017
Tanfield are pleased to announce that we are once again hosting the Service Charge Summit, in conjunction with News on the Block.
The theme of this years summit is the impact that third parties have, or arguably should have, on the landlord and tenant relationship. Those third parties may be as diverse as Parliament; mortgage providers and residents’ management companies.
Particular challenges include:
- Making provision for compliance with current safety, disability discrimination and energy saving regulations in a lease granted many years ago;
- The powers and limitations of Right to Manage companies co-existing with landlords;
- Dealing with service charge machinery that is no longer appropriate following significant alterations to a building and the granting of or surrender of leases;
- The entitlement of a party who is both a director of the freehold company and a lessee to challenge service charges raised by the company whilst that party is a director.
- County Hall Riverside Building, Belvedere Road, London, SE1 7PB
For full details and to book, please visit: www.servicechargesummit.co.uk.
Expertise: Service Charges
This content is provided free of charge for information purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice and should not be relied on as such. No responsibility for the accuracy and/ or correctness of the information and commentary set out in the article, or for any consequences of relying on it, is assumed or accepted by any member of Chambers or by Chambers as a whole.