6th Apr 2017
The Forfeiture Masterclass will be split into three sessions as detailed below.
Nicola Muir will consider the requirements for a lawful forfeiture including:
- What amounts to a breach of covenant
- Service of a valid section 146 notice
- A determination of breach prior to foreiture of residential leases
- The requirements of the Leasehold Property (Repairs) Act 1938
Mark Loveday will then discuss:
- How to forfeit
- The purpose and consequences of forfeiture
- Waiver of breach
Robert Bowker will then look at the principles that apply to applications for relief against forfeiture.
- 14:00 – Arrival and registration
- 14:30 – Before forfeiture
- 15:15 – Forfeiture
- 16:00 – Tea / Coffee break
- 16:15 – After forfeiture
- 17:00 – Networking drinks
- De Vere Holborn Bars – Dickens Room, 138-142 Holborn, London, EC1N 2NQ
Team: Mark Loveday
, Robert Bowker
, Nicola Muir
Expertise: Forfeiture & Possession
This content is provided free of charge for information purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice and should not be relied on as such. No responsibility for the accuracy and/ or correctness of the information and commentary set out in the article, or for any consequences of relying on it, is assumed or accepted by any member of Chambers or by Chambers as a whole.