New Seminar for HR Professionals: Practical Employment Law Strategies
23rd April 2015
Barristers’ Tips on Avoiding Tribunals
Thursday 2nd July 2015, 9:15am
ETC Venues, 51-53 Hatton Garden, London, EC1N 8HN
A day for HR professionals and generalist in-house lawyers who want practical help and advice on avoiding and managing the potential flashpoints in the employment relationship, from recruitment to dismissal.
This conference is designed by a team of specialist employment law barristers, drawing on 150 years’ combined experience of workplace disputes, to provide a practical set of tips and strategies by which the modern HR professional can significantly reduce the prospect of disputes within their organisations ending up in the Employment Tribunal.
Through engaging lectures and interactive workshop sessions, the team will review the key elements of any employment relationship analysing what can (and often does) go wrong and providing practical guidance on how to avoid, manage or mitigate common problems.
The day will feature advice and insight on topics including:
- The recruitment process: what you can/cannot ask
- Policies and procedures: when they are essential; when they can cause problems
- The contract: how to make the employment contract count
- Preserving trust and confidence: effective handling of grievances, absence and disciplinary: what management should avoid; what should be encouraged
- Sickness absence
- “Conscious uncoupling”: mitigating relationship breakdown; framing disciplinary charges; effective use of early conciliation, protected settlement offers and judicial mediation.
To book and for further information visit employmentstrategies2015 or call News on the Block on +44 (0) 20 3538 8875 or Tanfield Chambers on +44 (0) 20 7421 5300.