Both Philip Rainey QC and Mark Loveday will be speaking at MBL's Leasehold Enfranchisement - 2017 Annual Conference on Wednesday 26th April. Details of their topics are below:
Collective Enfranchisement - The Side Dishes
Philip Rainey QC, Tanfield Chambers
This session will explore what the tenants can acquire in addition to the 'main course' of the freehold of the block:
- Appurtenant property
- Unallocated land; amenity land over which lessees lack user rights
- Recent developments concerning 'permanent rights'
- Potential to retain the power to regulate
- Leasehold interests which may - or may not - be acquired
- Void areas; landlord's own areas; common parts subject to adequate reserved rights.
Case law Update
Mark Loveday, Tanfield Chambers
- Leasehold Relativity - Sloane Stanley v Mund, Mallory v Orchidbase
- When are terms of acquisition agreed? - Fazil v Portman, Greenpine v Howard de Walden
- Rights of intermediate leasehold owners - Accordway
- Permanent or revocable rights? - 4-6 Trinity Church Square