Tanfield Chambers’ Junior Landlord & Tenant Conference is now in its second year and is an opportunity for junior lawyers (both in-house and private practice) to catch up on and consolidate their knowledge of the law across both commercial and residential landlord and tenant law. It is designed to cater for junior practitioners of all levels of knowledge and experience. The conference will take place on 16 October.
This year’s extended conference will offer delegates the option to tailor their own day, drawing from workshops across four streams – residential, commercial, enfranchisement and a more general ‘pick n mix’ stream.
Topics will include:
- Common misconceptions in relation to residential leases
- Determining residential tenancies - 1988 Act, Rent Act, Secure tenancies
- A focus on Deregulation Act 2015 legislation update
- Introduction to 1954 Act
- Valuation and compensation on termination under the 1954 Act
- Lease renewals and new leases in focus
- An overview of enfranchisement under the 1993 Act
- Current issues in collective enfranchisement
- Concurrent leases and less usual leasehold structures
- An introduction to valuation on enfranchisement
- Relief from forfeiture in commercial and residential leases
Philip Rainey QC will also speak on mixed-use premises.
Download a draft programme here.
The Conference will be led by barristers from Tanfield Chambers, all of whom specialise in landlord and tenant matters, as well as industry professionals from across the property sector.
This year’s conference will be in the beautiful, Grade I listed Prince Philip House at 3 Carlton House Terrace. Overlooking The Mall and St James’s Park, and a short walk from Trafalgar Square, Charing Cross station and Piccadilly Circus tube, Prince Philip House is within easy reach and at the heart of Central London in prestigious St James.
Your ticket includes:
- a full-day conference
- variety of workshop sessions
- breakfast, lunch and coffee
- post-conference networking drinks
- delegate pack, including full digital notes and further reading
Early Bird rate (up to and including 18th September): £105 +VAT
Full price (after 18th September): £145 + VAT
We are now not taking in anymore bookings. However if you are interested, please get in touch with us in relation to resources and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible email@example.com.