Tanfield will appear at the FreeBar online celebration of Pride ‘You!Me!Us!We – Visibility in the Legal Profession’ in July
24th June 2020
Tanfield Chambers is delighted that it’s Senior Practice Manager Alex Southern will be one of the Speakers at the FreeBar online celebration of Pride ‘You!Me!Us!We – Visibility in the Legal Profession’ on the 14th July 2020.
FreeBar will be celebrating Pride this year with an online event exploring visibility in the legal profession.
There will then be a panel discussion with speakers from the Bar community to discuss their own experiences and what more we can do to support our community. Speakers will include:
- Dr Chelvan – barrister at No5 chambers, member of the government’s LGBT advisory panel and international officer for UK Black Pride.
- Elizabeth Isaacs QC – barrister at St Ives Chambers, Deputy High Court Judge and Bencher at Lincoln’s Inn
- Alison Padfield QC – barrister at 4 New Square and elected member of the Bar Council
- Alex Southern – Senior Practice Manager at Tanfield Chambers and member of IBC Management Committee
- Caroline Harrison QC – barrister at 2 Temple Gardens and Bencher at Lincoln’s Inn
The evening will then be rounded off with an (optional!) LGBT+ themed quiz hosted by FreeBar.
You do not have to identify as LGBT+ or to work in the legal profession to join this event.
For more information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.