Spring Development Conference 2019
25th Apr 2019, 09:00 to 17:00
Tanfield Chambers are pleased to announce a New Spring Development Conference.
This year’s spring conference charts the progress of our very own bespoke fictional development from site clearance and assembly through to construction and post-build management, the conference will address the real life issues that arise when advising property developers.
The conference is specifically designed for transactional and litigation lawyers, as well as developers and in-house counsel.
Our team of experienced barristers will chart the development’s progress through the following stages and topics:
- Obtaining possession of commercial premises for development purposes in light of the decision in S Franses Limited v The Cavendish Hotel  UKSC 62;
- Restrictive Covenants
- Electronic Communications Code 2017;
- Protecting property rights against squatters and protestors;
- What to tell your lender: short, medium and long term risks;
- Advising the client on the removal of restrictive covenants;
- Rights of light and other easements;
- The Party Wall Etc Act 1996;
- Effective legal design – constructing buildings so as to mitigate the impact of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987 and the Leasehold Reform Housing and Urban Development Act 1993;
- Nuisance during construction;
- Remedies for breaches of proprietary rights.
Your ticket includes
- A full-day conference
- Breakfast, lunch and coffee
- Post-conference networking drinks
- Delegate pack and further reading
- London LABS House, 15-19 Bloomsbury Way, London WC1A 2THA
The full programme is available here.
Tickets are now available, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place.