Proprietary Estoppel update
25th Jan 2017
This seminar will cover comprehensively and practically recent developments in the law of proprietary estoppel.
The subject is essential for any property practitioner whether or not this is an area in which you have previously worked.
The seminar will be divided into three topics intended to bring experienced and new practitioners fully up-to-date with this important area.
- Topic one will provide an overview of the law of proprietary estoppel including a case law update.
- Topic two will focus on the Court of Appeal’s guidance in Davies v Davies, an agricultural case but one of considerable general importance.
- Topic three will give practical guidance on running a proprietary estoppel case through to trial including tips on gathering evidence and reaching settlement.
- 14:00 – Arrival (tea and coffee)
- 14:15 – Topic 1 (case update and overview of proprietary estoppel)
- 15:00 – Topic 2 (Davies v Davies and its impact)
- 15:45 – Break (tea and coffee)
- 16:15 – Topic 3 (practicalities of running a proprietary estoppel case)
- 17:00 – Networking drinks
- 19:00 – Close
- Holborn Bars, 138-142 Holborn, London, EC1N 2NQ
- £50.00 per person plus VAT
Team: Robert Bowker
Expertise: Proprietary Estoppel
This content is provided free of charge for information purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice and should not be relied on as such. No responsibility for the accuracy and/ or correctness of the information and commentary set out in the article, or for any consequences of relying on it, is assumed or accepted by any member of Chambers or by Chambers as a whole.