Restraining Dismissal and Restraint of Trade: An Update on Injunctions and the Practicalities of High Court Claims
14th Dec 2016
You are cordially invited to attend an early evening seminar given by Peter Linstead of the Tanfield Chambers Employment Group. The aim is to update you on developments with current importance and to make it practical.
- (1) Recent developments on restrictive covenants, injunctions restraining dismissal and employee affirmation:
- Injunctions restraining dismissal and disciplinary process after Stephens v Birmingham;
- Sunrise Brokers and affirming the contract as a tactic;
- Re-Use Collections v Sendall on when preparing to compete is unlawful;
- interplay with garden leave: Elsevier and Finn;
- the latest from the Supreme Court: Vestergaard.
- (2) The practicalities of going to court:
- how much evidence do you need?
- the absence of covenants and springboard injunctions;
- pre-action disclosure and examination of computers after Warm Zones;
- damages options: springboard damages and Wrotham Park damages after One Step.
- 18:00 – Guests arrive
- 18:15 – Seminar begins
- 19:15 – Networking drinks
- Tanfield Chambers, 2-5 Warwick Court, London, WC1R 5DJ