Tanfield Chambers – Legal 500 2015
17th September 2015
Tanfield Chambers was, once again, recognised by the Legal 500 directory for its work. The directory, recognising excellence within the legal sector, said:
Tanfield Chambers is ‘an extremely impressive set with a range of experienced barristers, all of whom are professional, approachable and provide quality advice and advocacy at a reasonable cost level’. It is particularly strong in property litigation, but also adept in family, personal injury, clinical negligence, public law and employment matters.
The set was particularly pleased to have been recommended for the quality of its practice management, with every member of the senior team specifically named for their work.
The ‘friendly and polite’ practice managers are ‘among the best for providing a prompt and reliable service’. ‘They always endeavour to accommodate solicitors’ needs and demands.’ In particular, practice director Kevin Moore is ‘extremely good’, and will ‘only ever recommend the right counsel for the particular instruction’. The senior practice managers also attract praise: David Wright is ‘very commercial’.
Reflecting a particularly successful year across the board, all previously ranked members maintained their previous ranking, with new rankings for Piers Harrison (Property) and Peter Linstead (Employment).
Head of Chambers, Philip Rainey QC was elevated to Tier 2 – Property Litigation – Leading Silks and supported by a practice ranking increase to Tier 3 for Property work.
Kerry Bretherton also received an increased ranking in both Social Housing and Administrative & Public Law.
Full results can be seen here.
- Philip Rainey QC – “A true star with a first-class brain”
Administrative & Public Law
- Kerry Bretherton – “An impressive advocate.”
- Kerstin Boyd – “She combines careful legal analysis with clear, practical advice.”
- Peter Linstead – “You can always depend on him to do a first-class job, not only in tribunal but also with clients.”
- Gerald Wilson – “Very thorough in his preparation with great attention to detail.”
- Stephen Monkcom – “He has specialist knowledge of excise duty matters connected with gambling.”
- Kerstin Boyd – “She is very knowledgeable and able to turn papers around speedily.”
- Andrew Butler – “He has excellent drafting skills and is a good advocate.”
- Carl Fain – “A tenacious advocate who gives practical advice.”
- Christopher Heather – “He is quick to understand the client’s priorities and aims.”
- Daniel Dovar – “Excellent knowledge of property-related disputes.”
- Ellodie Gibbons – “Experienced in a wide range of property disputes.”
- James Fieldsend – “Especially good for enfranchisement, service charge and housing work.”
- Jonathan Upton – “A good all-rounder.”
- Mark Loveday – “He understands the business strategy of larger estate clients, and is the go-to guy for this work.”
- Michael Buckpitt – “Extremely good at providing practical solutions to challenging and complicated disputes.”
- Nicola Muir – “Recommended for her expertise in residential and commercial litigation.”
- Piers Harrison – “An expert in the area of leasehold enfranchisement.”
- Stan Gallagher – “Very knowledgeable in this field, and happy to assist with additional pieces of advice.”
- Timothy Polli – “Extremely thorough in his preparation and leaves no stone unturned.”
- Kerry Bretherton – “Particularly experienced in this area.”
Team: Philip Rainey KC
, Christopher Heather KC
, Andrew Butler KC
, Timothy Polli KC
, Kerstin Boyd
, Mark Loveday
, Michael Buckpitt
, Stan Gallagher
, Piers Harrison
, Daniel Dovar
, James Fieldsend
, Nicola Muir
, Carl Fain
, Jonathan Upton
Expertise: Real Property
, Social Housing
, Clinical Negligence
, Administrative & Public
, Clinical Negligence
, Gambling & Licensing
, Personal Injury