- Practice Groups
- Private Client
2007 Called to the Bar, Gray's Inn
For further information please contact:
Gwyn was invited to join Tanfield chambers as a tenant in May 2010. He completed his pupillage at a leading family law set in the Temple in Sep 2009. Gwyn has a mixed family and civil practice.
Family and Private Client
He undertakes the full range of family work, with particular emphasis on financial remedies (including complex cases involving trusts / non-disclosure), trusts of land/cohabitation disputes (TOLATA), including multi-track litigation, and inheritance act work. His other family work involves wardship, contact and residence disputes, leave to remove applications, injunctions, and disputes over child maintenance (CSA/CMEC & international). Gwyn qualified as a family mediator (through ADR group) in 2011.
During pupillage, Gwyn devilled in several high-value matrimonial finance and Schedule 1 cases.
In addition to maintaining a busy family practice, Gwyn advises and represents clients in personal injury litigation, and in employment disputes. He has acted for claimants / respondents (including local authority) in the Employment Tribunal.
In his spare time Gwyn enjoys cycling, hiking, playing bass, programming synthesizers, and fixing things. He also performs in the Gray's Inn Miscellany show at Christmas, and in other Gray’s Inn productions (The Tyrannicide Brief in 2012).
Gwyn is able to accept instructions on a Direct Public Access basis.
Gwyn has experience at every level of tribunal from the Family Proceedings Court to the High Court.
Gwyn’s court work includes:
- financial remedies (matrimonial finance / Schedule 1 Children Act 1989 applications
- trusts of land / cohabitation disputes
- transfers of tenancy
- contact, residence and prohibited steps orders
- contested care proceedings
- non-molestation / occupation orders
- leave to remove from the jurisdiction
- litigation (including appeal) from the Child Maintenance and Enforcement Commission (the Child Support Agency)
- International child maintenance disputes
Gwyn’s advisory work has included:
- financial remedy (matrimonial finance / schedule 1) proceedings
- non-marriage / nullity of marriage
- proceedings under the Children Act / Family Law Act
- advising on appeal in Children Act proceedings and proceedings involving the CSA
- settling grounds of appeal in Children Act proceedings
- merits in trusts of land / cohabitation (TOLATA) disputes
Gwyn has represented Employees and Employers (including local authority) in the Employment tribunal. Gwyn has also advised on settlement in unfair dismissal cases.
Contributor, Jowitt's Dictionary of English Law (2010)
Contributor, Tanfield Chambers Family Newsletter
Family Law Bar Association
Personal Injury Bar Association
BA(Hons) Social and Political Sciences Tripos 1996 – First Class Honours (Emmanuel College, Cambridge)
CPE (2006) – Commendation (City University)
Bar Vocational Course (2007) – BPP Law School, London.
Shakespeare Memorial Scholar (Gray’s Inn, 2006)
Diploma in Acting (2000) – Distinction (Bristol Old Vic Theatre School)