"…much more approachable than other chambers, and has people who tend to be team players…” Chambers and Partners Guide 2013
“…clerk Joanne Meah is commended for her client-focused approach…"makes using the set very easy."” Chambers and Partners Guide 2013
“…particularly strong residential [property] practice…” Legal 500 Guide, 2013
To see what Tanfield can do for you, click on the tabs at the top of the page to enter our site or please call us on 020 7421 5300
We are a leading modern Chancery Barristers Chambers, focussing on Property, Private Client, Business & Commercial, Employment and Public & Administrative law.
Our key aim is to combine high-quality advice and representation with a responsive and friendly personal service. At Tanfield, our clients come first.
We provide national coverage. Our barristers accept cases in courts and tribunals across England and Wales.
We occupy our own premises just off Holborn where we provide modern, comfortable conference suites with access for those under a disability. But we are equally happy to travel to you for conferences and meetings.
We welcome direct instruction through Direct Public Access; we have a dedicated clerk to help you through the process. Click on the tab at the top of the page for more details.
News and comments
- Kerry Bretherton and Robert Bowker succeeded in the Court of Appeal for the respondents.
- Peter Linstead wins permission to appeal in disability/whistleblowing case
- Martina Murphy joins ELBA Committee
- Gareth Jones awarded Probate Barrister of the Year 2014
- James Hamerton-Stove Joins Tanfield Chambers
- Supreme Court hands down judgment in the joint appeals of Eastenders and First Stop
- Tanfield win Chambers of the Year Award
- Tim Polli to appear in the Supreme Court
- Geraint Jones QC and Marc Glover in landmark Supreme Court win
- Philip Rainey QC & Marc Glover in JR win
- Nicholas Isaac publishes "The Law and Practice of Party Walls"
- Marc Glover successful in the Court of Appeal in boundary and party wall case
- Tanfield Chambers Essay Competition
- Forthcoming Family Law book Same Sex Marriage & Civil Partnership: The New Law Co-authored by Gerald Wilson due to be published
- Carl Fain successful in the Court of Appeal in easement case
- Nick Isaac and Cecily Crampin win in the the Court of Appeal on the operation of s10 (7) of the Party Wall Act 1996
- New Contractual Terms