I am delighted to have taken over as Head of Chambers in succession to Geraint Jones QC, and join my colleagues in thanking him for many years’ dedicated service.
I take over at a time of great uncertainty and change in the conduct of civil litigation as the dust settles on the introduction of the standard terms of work, and the Jackson Reforms take effect. All our core areas of work are likely to feel the fall-out of these reforms, but we as a chambers feel well-prepared to weather the storm and adapt to the altered litigation landscape. As ever, our clerks are receptive to discussing any particular concerns about these changes which you as our clients may have.
What the reforms will not alter is the commitment of Tanfield’s members to providing a service based on approachability, and high-quality advice and representation – something I am determined to preserve and develop during my tenure as Head of Chambers.
Philip Rainey QC
Head of Chambers
News and comments
- Marc Glover in CPR win
- Tanfield announce new Head of Chambers
- Andrew Butler succeeds in High Court appeal
- Chris Maynard wins High Court strike out application for commercial tenant
- Andrew Sheftel succeeds in the Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber)
- Supreme Court delivers judgement in Daejan Investments Ltd v Benson and others
- Residential Possession Proceedings explains how a landlord or mortgage can effect possession of a property
- Section 61 break rights explained by Court of Appeal
- Tanfield sponsor Inner temple Inter-Varsity Moot 2013
- New Contractual Terms
- Kerry Bretherton succeeds in the Court of Appeal
- Supreme Court hears appeal in residential service charges case
- Cecily Crampin wins in the Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber)
- Geraint Jones QC and Marc Glover in landmark Court of Appeal win
- Members of Tanfield Chambers receive high praise in the 2013 edition of Chambers UK.