"…much more approachable than other chambers, and has people who tend to be team players…” Chambers and Partners Guide 2013
“…clerk Joanne Meah is commended for her client-focused approach…"makes using the set very easy."” Chambers and Partners Guide 2013
“…particularly strong residential [property] practice…” Legal 500 Guide, 2013
To see what Tanfield can do for you, click on the tabs at the top of the page to enter our site or please call us on 020 7421 5300
We are a leading modern Chancery Barristers Chambers, focussing on Property, Private Client, Business & Commercial, Employment and Public & Administrative law.
Our key aim is to combine high-quality advice and representation with a responsive and friendly personal service. At Tanfield, our clients come first.
We provide national coverage. Our barristers accept cases in courts and tribunals across England and Wales.
We occupy our own premises just off Holborn where we provide modern, comfortable conference suites with access for those under a disability. But we are equally happy to travel to you for conferences and meetings.
We welcome direct instruction through Direct Public Access; we have a dedicated clerk to help you through the process. Click on the tab at the top of the page for more details.
News and comments
- Andrew Butler succeeds in Arbitration Act Proceedings
- Tanfield Chambers in the Supreme Court
- New appointments in Europe for Iain Mitchell QC
- Success for Iain Mitchell QC in Technology and Construction Court
- Tanfield performs outstandingly in Chambers & Partners 2014 rankings
- Gemma de Cordova is interviewed by The Times ahead of the Annual Bar Conference
- Tanfield joins forces with News on the Block to hold inaugural Service Charge Summit.
- Tanfield performs strongly in 2013 Legal 500 rankings
- Daejan v Benson Order
- Philip Rainey QC nominated for Real Estate Silk of the Year
- Supreme Court hands down addendum judgment in Daejan Investments v Benson
- Philip Rainey QC, Piers Harrison, Daniel Dovar and Michael Walsh to author 9th edition of Megarry's Manual of the Law of Real Property
- Jonathan Upton wins in the Court of Appeal
- Article by Andrew Butler deployed in Supreme Court Appeal
- Geraint Jones QC and Marc Glover in landmark win
- Tax Specialist joins Tanfield Chambers as an Associate Tenant
- Marc Glover in CPR win
- New Contractual Terms